Aus PHP-Fusion Wiki
Researching a distinct segment doesn't have to be difficult. Often by simply keeping the eyes and ears open you can start to recognize a few profitable markets.
If you are unsure here are a few fail-proof niche market research methods:
- 1 - Visit your library, local bookstore and magazine stand. All are fantastic resources for identifying viable niches. In the healthy living section for instance, you'll find an array of topics targeted at very specific markets. This can be a great starting place to get your creative juices flowing.
- 2 - Visit amazon.com. Amazon is your online source for niche research. Like the bookstore or library except it is simple to search on the internet to have an variety of topics to get a good idea of what markets are popular and what people are searching for.
- 3 - Visit ezinearticles.com. Another fantastic online source for research. Using a simple search you will find a variety of niches. Take a look at the writer bios at the end of the articles you read. Visit their websites and find out what products they're promoting. This could potentially provide you with a lot of suggestions for untouched markets.
- 4 - Do your market and keyword research. The above sources are great for ideas however they shouldn't take the place of keyword research. A good research tool like Word Tracker can help you identify whether your idea is a good one or otherwise. The tool will also give you ideas for related keywords which might spark some creative niche ideas.
- 5 - Visit related forums. Once you have a concept for any niche visit a related forum to learn what people are referring to. What are their wants and dislikes? What are the products they are unhappy with? More to the point what do they want they could find?
- 6 - Check out online trend tools. There are a lot of trends tools available online, most are free. One example is Google Trends. These tools provides you with info on what people are searching for and popular trends. This post is really useful because it's extremely current. Trend tools are great resources for finding niches.
Niche marketing research takes a very little time but it is very important. Fining the best niche can be the key to success in your business.